The County Veterans Services Department serves as a bridge connecting veterans, veteran service organizations and the community to help our local veterans and their families thrive.

Through this department, the County works with the men and women who serve or have served in the US military to help them obtain the benefits and services they have earned for their service.

However, benefits programs offered to veterans can be very complex and applications can be overwhelming. The County Veterans Services team steps in to make the process easier and help our local veterans submit their claims.

The County Veterans Services team also serves as an advocate for each veteran they help, working to ensure that they get the benefits they are entitled to receive. These benefits include, but aren’t limited to:

The County partners with the Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, the Veterans Treatment Court, the County Behavioral Health Department, and many other veteran-serving organizations to provide these important services to our local veterans.


2016 By the Numbers

  $7,366,080 in new monetary awards paid to local veterans by the Federal government, thanks to claims filed by County Veterans Services office (this money went directly to veterans in SLO County)

  Almost $61 million in total benefits were awarded to local veterans and their dependents in 2016, thanks to efforts by the County Veterans Services office

109 outreach events held to connect veterans with their earned benefits and the San Luis Obispo County community

3,099 Veteran Affairs Claims Filed:

    942 monetary claims

    2,157 non-monetary claims

2 satellite offices opened, extending services to North County and South County veterans:

Arroyo Grande Library, open two days a week from 10 a.m to 3 p.m. (Monday and Tuesdays, by appointment only)

Veterans Memorial Building in Paso Robles, open two days a week from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Wednesdays and Thursdays, by appointment only)



Veterans or their loved ones may request an appointment via phone by calling 781-5766.